Monday thru Friday 8am - 5pm, occasional Saturdays
Services at Mirage Dental
Cosmetic Dental Services
Cosmetic Dentistry is a blend of art and science. With a focus on aesthetic results and by using a variety of the latest restorative techniques and materials, we can enhance your smile to give it a more pleasing appearance. Some conditions that may be helped by cosmetic dentistry are:
- Diastemas (spaces between teeth)
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Unsightly, stained, or washed-out fillings
- Cracked or leaking fillings
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or poorly shaped teeth
Teeth Whitening / Coloring
The intentional lightening of teeth by use of various chemicals applied internally or externally to the teeth, as well as the possible use of heat and light to accelerate the process.
The teeth which have become dark can usually be lightened within a few hours to a few weeks, depending on the technique used, and the severity of staininng/discoloration.
- Existing tooth colored fillings and crowns will not change shade.
- The amount of whitening will vary and cannot be predicted.
- The teeth and/or gums may become temporarily sensitive from the bleaching agent.
- Trays used for external bleaching may aggravate an existing TMJ (jaw joint) condition.
- Teeth that are bleached may darken over time requiring re-bleaching.
Consequences Of No Treatment
The teeth will remain their original color or continue to darken.
For best results, a professional cleaning is recommended before starting any external bleaching.
External bleaching may be redone in the future, with frequency usually dictated by consumption of coffee, tea, red wines, and/or smoking.
Veneers are a thin, semi-translucent "shell" fabricated from porcelain, custom made to precisely fit over an existing tooth. They are permanently bonded to the front of the tooth, the finished result is extremely strong and durable. Though veneers are not suitable for every patient, they are a cosmetic alternative to a variety of dental conditions affecting the front teeth including:
- Closing diastemas (spaces in teeth)
- Restoring broken or chipped teeth
- Covering unsightly, stained, or washed-out fillings
- Whitening permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Correcting uneven or crooked teeth